Glendive Public Schools is pleased to provide you with access to current grades and attendance for all students via the Internet. Both you and your child will have access to this information through our new PowerSchool Portal. If you already have a working PowerSchool Portal account, you do not need to re-create your account at the start of a new school year. If you want to add access to your child’s information to an existing PowerSchool Portal account or if you want to create a new PowerSchool Portal account, you will need to follow these steps:
- Open the Internet browser on your computer.
- Type http://gps.powerschool.com/public into the address bar.
- If you do not already have a PowerSchool Parent Account, click the “Create Account” button at the bottom of the page. Complete the fields on the top half of the page.
- To link a student to your account, enter the student’s name, Access ID, and Access Password into the appropriate fields. Select your relationship to the student from the drop-down menu.
- If you have other students in grades K through 12, add their names, Access IDs, and Passwords to the list. You can also add additional students after you have logged in for the first time.
- Click the blue “enter” button to finish creating your account.
- Once your account is created, enter the username and password you chose for your parent account.
- View your student’s information. A guide to navigating PowerSchool can be found here: http://ps.ocusd.net/public/parentguide.htm 9. Remember to log off when you are finished.
The Access ID: for your student: Please call the school to get your child’s information.
The Password: for your student: Please call the school to get your child’s information.
These codes cannot be used to log in to the site. Follow the steps above to create your own username and password.
The above Access ID and Password may be shared with anyone who would like to create an account that is linked to his/her attendance and grades. This may include multiple parents, stepparents, or other people who need to be kept informed of school progress. If your child would like to create his/her own account, the same Access ID and Password should be used to get started.
Academic progress can be tracked from any location that has Internet access. If you do not have Internet access, the public library has computers open to access your child’s records.
Once you have created your account, please keep your passwords confidential so only you can access the information. You may discard this letter if no further parent accounts need to be created.
The Grades and Attendance tab will allow you to check assignments and scores by clicking on the blue percentage across from a class. To email the teacher a question or concern, please click the blue teacher’s name link. The Grades History tab will show you the grades your child received in previous grading periods. The Teacher Comments tab is used to access current teacher comments for your student and the School Bulletin tab has current announcements for our school.